Who is this course for?
People who need an introduction to Azure Data Factory. ADF is an ETL (Extract Transform Load) tool from Microsoft. It is often used to move data from sources systems into a data lake from where Power BI dashboards can be built.
After the course, attendees will understand the basic components of ADF (linked services, datasets, pipelines, activities, triggers, parameters and variables) and will be able to set up a data factory and then use it to copy and transform data from files on the cloud into a SQL database.
Course Length – 2 days
- Overview of Azure Data Factory (ADF)
- Integration Runtimes
- Linked services (connections)
- Datasets, sources and sinks
- Pipelines and activities
- The copy data activity
- Inserting data into a SQL database
- The Stored Procedure Activity to transform data between staging and reporting tables
- Scheduling pipelines (Triggers)
- Monitoring a pipeline
- The Lookup and ForEach activities – and their use in configuration
- Orchestrating pipelines (the Execute Pipeline activity, chaining pipelines in a sequence)
- Mapping and Wrangling dataflow
None. This is an introduction to ADF for beginners.