Who is this course for?
Anybody who is getting started analysing data or building reports with Power BI.
After the course, attendees will have a broad understanding of how to explore analyse and visualise data using Power BI and will be comfortable using Power BI Desktop to build reports and dashboards.
Course Length – 2 days
- Import data from text/CSV files, spreadsheets and databases
- Clean and transform data – replace or remove bad values, filter the rows, group, summarise, pivot and unpivot data, calculate results
- Calculate useful quantities e.g. sums, averages, cumulative values
- Build helpful and insightful visuals such as bar charts, line charts, scatter plots, matrix and table visuals, and maps
- Use interactions between visuals (as a filter, highlight) to good effect
- Explore and explain data: drill to detail, show data, add basic analytics (averages, trends, clusters, reference lines
- Filter data with slicers and the filter pane
- Tell stories with data; use bookmarks, spotlight, create drill-though pages
- Improve and polish reports: add text, images and other non-data elements to enhance the report; apply conditional formatting e.g. data bars; configure titles, axes, colours, labels; design for a phone / mobile device
- Publish content to the Power BI Service
None. This is a beginner level course.