Who is the course for?
Anybody who is getting started analysing data or building dashboards with Tableau.
After the course, attendees will have a broad understanding of how to explore, analyse and visualise data using Tableau. They will be comfortable using Tableau Public to build visualisations and dashboards.
Course Length – 2 days
- Import data from text/CSV files, spreadsheets and databases
- Familiarise with the Tableau Desktop/Public user interface (data and analytics panes, row / column and marks shelves, etc)
- Use the new Tableau relationships to build a star schema data model (and so increase analytic power).
- Use Tableau calculated fields to calculate useful quantities e.g. sums, averages, ratios
- Build helpful and insightful visuals such as bar and line charts, scatter plots and maps.
- Use Tableau’s small multiples capability to good effect
- Understand Tableau’s inbuilt Measure Names and Measure Values calculated fields, and why they are so useful.
- Use the Tableau Analytics Pane to add average, trend, and reference lines.
- Filter data in Tableau by selected value, wildcard pattern, condition or Top N.
- Improve and polish reports: add text, images, customise tooltips, titles, axis labels,
- Publish content to the Tableau Online
None. This is a beginner level course.