Who is this course for?
R is a popular open source language for data analysis. This course is aimed at people who would like to start using R for their data analysis tasks.
After the course, attendees will be able to use R data analysis projects; to load, clean, tidy, visualise and transform datasets and generate reports using R.
Course Length – 2 days
The course will teach “modern” R with an emphasis on using the tidyverse, a collection of R packages designed for data analysis.
The course will cover:
- The tidyverse packages, and in particular dplyr for transforming data and ggplot2 for visualising data
- Import data from text/CSV files, Excel spreadsheets and databases
- Import data from APIs
- Clean data e.g. handle missing values
- Visualise data – build charts with ggplot2
- Transform data to gain insight and calculate results – filter, group, sort and calculate
- Export data to CSV, Excel and databases
- Build reports
- Use R on a cloud notebook service such as Azure notebooks
- Build predictive models
- Text analysis
- Incorporate R with Power BI
None. This is an introduction to R for beginners.