Here are the links from my ‘Learning R through a typical BI task’ talk at the SQL Saturday Conference in Edinburgh on June 13th 2015.
The OneDrive folder contains
- the slide deck
- the R source code file for the Titanic demo
- the CSV file containing the Titanic passenger list data used in the code above
- the R source code file for the Iris demo
The books I mentioned in the Resources slide are
- Data Smart – John W Foreman
- Practical Data Science With R – Nina Zumel and John Mount
The course I mentioned in the Resources slide are
- Coursera Data Science Specialisation – Programming R @ John Hopkins University
- Introduction To Statistical Learning – Stanford University
A presentation on Azure ML from Microsoft’s Andrew Fryer and Amy Nicholson featuring a sample to predict flight delays is on Amy’s One Drive http://1drv.ms/1B798bz.
If you have any questions about the slide deck or the demo resources, please get in touch.